Wednesday 22 April 2009

OPENING THE MAIN BODY - PART ONE (1)

First thing to do, is to open the main body of your laptop sony vaio serie z (VGN-SZXX)
The one I am using I bought it in 2006, and still works perfectly. However I wanted to clean the cooling system, as it was doing a lot of noise, and I wanted to access the hard drive and maybe change it.

.-This is the unit I will be using: VGN-SZXX (All Serie Z look the same)



1.- The first thing I will do is to remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter.

2. - Remove 10 screws from the back: here marked with red


As you can see below, after removing the lids for the 2 RAM memmory slots and cooling system, this is what you see:


...to be continued in part 2

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi. Can you tell me where is the NVIDIA graphic card on this machine, can it be removed and replaced?

El Tio Pau said...

Mybe I am wrong, but I don't think you can replace the graphic card, it seems integrated in the same mother board.

Unknown said...

and replacing the WWAN card?

Scott Sawyer said...

For me, the keyboard was a little tricky. The locks on the cable didn't move down. I was able to get them to slide toward the front of the laptop (about 3 mm).

Great article.

ကိုလူသား said...

hi bro, do u know where is the GPU is kept? right now, i clean the fan, however, the most highest temperature is on GPU rather than CPU.. u hav any idea where it is located?

Post a Comment