Sunday 30 August 2009

ACCESS TO HARD DRIVE & DVD DRIVE - PART FOUR (4)

So now our laptop looks like this. And we want to access to the Hard Drive and DVD Drive. 

In order to remove the touchpad part we need to release the white bus conneciton on the left part, see below how carfully you need to unlock the connections by pulling out the brown piece about a milimiter towards your right.



Once this is done, you can softly pull the bus cable connection with the blue strip attached. Ishould come out without any effort, else means you have not unlocked it correctly.


Voilà....you should now be able to remove the touchpad piece. 




Your computer now looks like this: Hard drive on the left, and DVD drive on the right




A closer look to the Hard Drive Unit.










6 comments:

david said...

Thank you very much for your detailed tutorial! I've a SZ4XN/C laptop and checkdisk detected some damaged clusters in my HDD, so I'm planning to replace it.

Do you know if the computer will admit a SATA2 drive, even when it won't achieve SATA2 transfer rate?

El Tio Pau said...

Thank you David four your question. Actually that is the question of 1M$!!!!

And the answer is, YES!!!! it works. In theory SATA2 disks are compatible with SATA interface.

At I least, I can tell you it worked in my computer. Anyway, some damaged clusters are not a problem in a disk as long as checkdisk has identified them, so you don't need to replace HDD unless you wish to have more capacity.

El Tio Pau said...

I forgot to say that obviously you need to enter in the SETUP menu (F2 key) to detect the drive. Also, be careful with the sata connector, the cable is very delicate and easy to disconnect from the motherboard in this VAIO.

david said...

OK; thank you for your answer !

Unknown said...

i had to take out the cd drive and did it like you described, however, my vaio will not turn on after i put everything back, what could be wrong? the battery charging light still comes up?

Jeffrey said...

Hi, 10s. Its very informative. Can I ask whether U know how to change the Nvidia graphic card? N where its located? I think my is spoilt and can only works in Stamina mode.

Post a Comment